Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Rosemary Mint Tea



This seems to be the time of year when herbs on my patio are growing at at a crazy pace and I'm always looking for good things to do with them.   I've added them to just about everything I'm cooking, snipped a bunch to dry and use later on, and tried to brainstorm other things I could do.  Tea came to mind!  And why buy it when you can make it.

This is definitely too simple to really be called a recipe, but that's the kind of recipe I like.  Also, the addition of rosemary to typical mint tea is kind of unexpected, but adds a lot of flavor.




Directions:

Cut a few sprigs of mint with medium sized leaves (I used spearmint here), and a two small sprigs of rosemary.  Or buy it packaged in the grocery store--that will work just fine.  Use about a 2:1 mint/rosemary ratio.




Tear the leaves up a bit and put them in a tea strainer.  Put tea strainer in your teapot (or just simply in your mug, if you're not using a teapot) and let it steep for 3-5 minutes depending on how strong you want it, then remove.  I like it stronger, so I leave it in about 5.  Add sugar or lemon if you would like.  And that's it!  Not a lot to it.

And use the same method, but let it cool after steeping, and put it in the fridge for iced tea if it's strange to be drinking hot tea in the middle of summer.







No comments:

Post a Comment